A Domain within a ONE DATA installation is a set of Projects that aim to focus on a specific common topic within an instance .
Each Domain can be configured independently from the others (Add and delete user, edit user rights, set resources color theme). Multiple users can join multiple Domains within a ONE DATA installation. Domains are blind to each other, meaning that there is no Project or user interference between Domains (for instance, OD resources cannot be shared from one Domain to another).
Users in a Domain
Within a Domain, we distinguish between admin users and regular users:
- Domain Admins: A Domain in ONE DATA requires at least one Domain Admin. The Domain Admin can add other users to the Domain, create Groups, define User Roles and assign other users to Domain Admin roles.
- Other Users: Other users are assigned to a Domain by the Domain Admin. They can be added to Groups, access and create Projects within a Domain.
User Administration can be accessed through the second tab in the left navigation menu. It can be only managed by Domain Admins.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/48015308418/original/SU0hI9KGD-8VKII8wZWwbD6bJkN1TkUqCw.png?1573634319" title="ONE DATA Documentation > Domains > image2019-9-24_19-8-23.png">
When a regular user (not a Domain Admin) opens the tab, the following information text is displayed and the current user is not able to apply any new changes.
Once in the User Administration view, the Domain Admin gets an overview of all users that have been assigned to the Domain. For each user, relevant information are presented: First name, last name, e-mail address, Domains the user is assigned to along with the respective role in each Domain and the respective Groups.
It is also possible for Domain Admins within this view to search for specific users by typing the name or the email address in the search bar.
Domain Admins can also change user settings by clicking the button in the ACTIONS column.
- Reset a user's password or invalidate it (if the option send email is not chosen, a URL is generated. The user then can click on the URL to set a new password).
- Add the user to a selected Domain.
- Configure modules accessible by the user.
- A list of Domains the user has access to. The role of the user in these Domains can be changed by selecting the appropriate user type.
By clicking on the button "Add New User" under user administration actions (left navigation menu), A new user can be invited.
The Admin must enter the new user's full name and e-mail address, as well as the Domains he should be assigned to. The Admin can also choose the models viewed to the new user and the user roles for each chosen Domain.
if the option send email is not chosen, a URL is generated. The user then can click on the URL to access the Domain.
The Domain Settings in ONE DATA can be accessed by clicking the corresponding tab ( https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/48015308415/original/FOqRsHssH5alBN0n6IpY-kL2d5ehGZib2w.png?1573634319" title="ONE DATA Documentation > Domains > domaintab.png" width="20"> ) in the left navigation menu.
Existing Domains Settings
Within the Domain settings, all Domains the user is assigned to are displayed. For each Domain the user is able to see the Name, Description, Tags, Administrators and is able to perform some Actions (case of an Admin User).
It is also possible to search for a certain Domain via the search bar by typing the Domain name.
Several actions are available:
- Delete the Domain.
- Edit the Domain. The Domain Admin is able to change the Domain name, description and branding, which corresponds to the different colors assigned to each component within the Domain. The admin can also allow non-Domain Admins to create projects.
- View detailed Domain information. These information include the names and e-mail addresses of all the Domain members.
If the user is not a Domain Admin, the icons mentioned above are disabled.
New Domain Settings
Only Super Admins can create new Domains. For other users (normal user and Domain Admins) this button is disabled.
Groups, Roles and Projects within a Domain
Within a Domain in ONE DATA, it is possible to define Groups, User Roles and Projects. The users may be assigned to different Groups by a Domain Admin. These Groups can be given certain rights/roles to access different resources within a Project. More information can be found in the respective chapters.