Groups in ONE DATA are mainly used to manage access rights for users within a certain Domain.
> Domain Admins can create several Groups within one Domain. > Each user can be a member of several Groups at a time. > A user can be part of a Domain but not part of any Group. In this case, they cannot access Projects created by other users (exception: the user is a Domain Admin).
Groups Within ONE DATA Domains
The Group Settings in ONE DATA can be accessed by clicking the corresponding tab ( ) in the left navigation menu. The Domain Admin settings view is different from the normal user's.
Domain Admin View
The Groups view initially contains a list of available Groups within the selected Domain (name, group type, member count, etc). The Admin is then able to perform some actions.
- Select the target Domain. The first Domain is selected by default. The Admin can then click on the dropdown menu and select the Domain to view.
- Search for Groups by name
- Open/Close Group settings. The user can then access detailed information like Group description and Group members.
- Edit Group info. A pop up dialog will appear upon clicking this button. The Admin is then able to update some information related to the selected Group. We mention among the possible changes:
- Edit the Group name
- Edit the Group description
- Choose a parent Group
- Add new users to the Group
- Delete the selected Group
- Add a new Group to the selected Domain.
Viewer License users cannot be added to Groups, but rather to Viewer Groups.
Non-Domain Admin View
A normal user (not a Domain Admin) can access the "Group Settings" tab, but cannot perform any action.